The Namibia Women’s Health Network (NWHN) work with women in each of Namibia’s 13 regions to provide information, education, skills, and capacity building to improve the health of Namibian women living with HIV and to empower them to become leaders at the local and national level. All of our program areas are built around a strategy to provide participants with:
– Accurate information on sexual reproductive health, prevention of mother to child transmission, cancer of the cervix etc.
– Information on where to access services in connection with gender based violence.
– Education for English literacy, a skill necessary for communicating with health workers.
– Skills to sensitize community members, policy makers, and traditional leaders on issues affecting women living with HIV.
– Skills for income generating activities for self sustenance and building confidence to negotiate on safer sex avoiding re/infection of STI’s, particularly HIV.